Amina Price is an aquatic ecologist based at The Murray-Darling Freshwater Research Centre in Wodonga, Victoria, Australia.
Dr Price’s research topics of special interest include:
- Fish and shrimp ecology
- Recruitment ecology
- Flow-habitat-biota relationships in rivers and wetlands of the Murray-Darling Basin
Prior to commencing at MDFRC Amina has held positions at:
- The Border Rivers Catchment Management Association as the Water Quality Project Officer and Waterwatch Coordinator from 2001-2003.
- The Cooperative Research Centre for Freshwater Ecology as a research assistant and technical officer from 1999-2000.
- The University of Canberra Eco-Chemistry Laboratory as a technical officer in 2000.
- The University of Canberra and Charles Sturt University as a tutor/demonstrator for subjects including biometry, ecology and biology.
Amina has been based at The Murray-Darling Freshwater Research Centre since 2007, where she has worked on the following projects:
- Project manager and researcher on the National Water Commission funded project ‘Optimising Environmental Watering Protocols to Benefit Native Fish Populations’.
- Project leader for the NSW Department of Water and Energy funded project ‘Integrated Monitoring of Environmental Flows – Freshwater Shrimp in Regulated Rivers’.
- Project leader for the Lachlan Catchment Management Authority funded project ‘Distribution and Recruitment Patterns of Fish in the lower Lachlan River’.
- Project leader for the Murray-Darling Basin Commission funded project ‘Development of conceptual models for semi-arid wetlands’ project.
- Researcher on the CSIRO-funded project ‘Understanding ecological responses to altered flow regimes.
- Researcher on the Murray-Darling Basin Authority funded project ‘Refilling of Euston Lakes: Impacts on a regionally significant population of the threatened freshwater catfish, Tandanus tandanus’.
- Principal researcher on the Murray-Darling Basin Commission funded project ‘Ecological services related to the northern basin’.
- Ph.D. University of Canberra under the supervision of Dr P. Humphries, Assoc. Prof. M. Thoms and Dr B. Gawne Thesis title: "Utilisation of Still-Water Patches by Fish and Shrimp in a Lowland River, With Particular Emphasis on Early-Life Stages" 2007
- BAppSc. (Hons 1) University of Canberra under the supervision of Dr W. Maher 2000.
- BAppSc. Ecology and Environmental Science from the University of Canberra in 1999.